All products sold include a CanWest Aerospace Certificate of Conformity
Get the Weather You Need and Entertainment You Want
- Receive SiriusXM® satellite aviation weather and digital audio entertainment¹
- Wireless connectivity for display on select mobile device apps and Garmin portables
- Compact device with rechargeable battery; designed to sit on aircraft glareshield
- Access high-resolution NEXRAD imagery and METARs weather information
- Provides GPS position data, backup attitude3 and more
Providing an easy-to-use and completely portable aviation satellite link, the compact GDL 51 SiriusXM receiver lets you access continuous, detailed weather information — plus more than 150 channels of digital-quality music, news, sports and other entertainment programming. Better still, you can use our Connext® wireless connectivity to stream SiriusXM services onto multiple Garmin aviation portables (including aera® 660, aera 796 or aera 795 series) as well as iPad® tablets and other mobile devices with the Garmin Pilot™ app. So you get more access — on more devices — without spending more money.
Battery Power for Hours
GDL 51 is a true go-anywhere device. A built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery allows GDL 51 to wirelessly receive SiriusXM data for up to 7 hours on a single charge. And for operation connected to power, you can plug in via the included vehicle power cable or microUSB port positioned on the side of the receiver.
For pilots who want advanced weather capabilities plus an array of audio entertainment options, the GDL 51 SiriusXM receiver does both — anywhere you want to fly, drive, pedal or walk within the SiriusXM coverage area. And by going with Garmin, your receiver will be backed by a comprehensive 1-year warranty — and by the industry’s No. 1-ranked product support team.
¹Subscription required and sold separately. See SiriusXM.com/aviation for details. Not all SiriusXM weather products may be available across all devices. Check your Pilot’s Guide for specifics about which products are available on your device
²See our growing list of compatible devices
3The attitude information provided by GDL 51 is not intended to be a source of attitude information for flight in instrument meteorological conditions
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.9" x 1.3" x 3.4" (12.44 x 3.30 x 8.64 cm)
- Weight: 0.75 lbs (0.34 kg)
- Anti-slip mat (on bottom of unit only)
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
- Operating altitude: To 55,000 ft
- Nominal operating velocity range: 0 – 800 kts (411 m/s)
- Power input: 10 to 32 VDC, 3.5 W max.
- Battery type: Lithium-ion rechargeable (built-in)
- Charge temperature: Unit may not charge at extreme temperatures below 0° C (32° F) or above 32° C (90° F)
- Typical battery operating time: 7 hours
- 18-pin power and data connector
- SiriusXM® MCX antenna port
- GPS MCX antenna port
- 3.5 mm audio jack (audio out only)
- Wireless Connext™ (Bluetooth®)