All products sold include a CanWest Aerospace Certificate of Conformity
This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.
Dual-frequency ADS-B “In” Receiver and SiriusXM® Satellite Link
- Receive SiriusXM Aviation satellite weather and digital audio entertainment¹ plus subscription-free ADS-B U.S. datalink weather² and traffic
- ADS-B “dual-link” traffic with TargetTrend™ and TerminalTraffic™ technology4
- Wireless connectivity for display on select mobile device apps and Garmin portables
- Provides GPS position data, backup attitude5 and more
- Receive the first three-months of a monthly subscription to the SiriusXM Pilot Preferred aviation weather package and the SiriusXM All Access audio programming package at no cost with GDL 52
Providing an easy-to-use and completely portable aviation satellite link, the compact GDL 52 combines SiriusXM coverage — accessible from ground or air — with the subscription-free weather and traffic features of an ADS-B “In” datalink. Together, these 2 network link technologies bring a world of safety-enhancing features — plus access to more than 150 channels of digital-quality music, news, sports and other entertainment programming — directly to your cockpit. Better still, you can use our Connext® wireless connectivity to stream this information onto multiple Garmin aviation portables (including aera® 660, aera 796 or aera 795 series) as well as iPad® tablets and mobile devices with the Garmin Pilot™ app. So you get more access — on more devices — without spending more money.
Spot Potential Traffic Threats
To aid in situational awareness, GDL 52 can also receive ADS-B position reports directly from other aircraft in your vicinity. In the U.S., 2 frequencies (978 UAT and 1090 ES) are approved by the FAA for ADS-B broadcasts, so GDL 52 offers access to both frequencies. This allows you to see the most comprehensive view of all ADS-B “Out” equipped targets in your vicinity. Your compatible display4 will alert you by announcing traffic targets both audibly and visually. Spoken audio alerts announce “Traffic, Traffic” to get you looking right away.
Battery Power for Hours
GDL 52 is a true go-anywhere device. A rechargeable built-in lithium-ion battery allows GDL 52 to operate for up to 5 hours on a single charge. And for operation connected to power, you can plug in via the included vehicle power cable or microUSB port positioned on the side of the receiver.
One Solution, Many Possibilities
For pilots who want the best in U.S. datalink weather coverage plus an impressive array of traffic, navigation and audio entertainment options, the GDL 52 portable receiver is the ideal 1-box, dual-network solution. With its versatile connections and compact size, you can even enjoy benefits of SiriusXM audio outside the cockpit — anywhere you want to drive, pedal or walk within the SiriusXM coverage area. And by going with Garmin, your receiver will be backed by a comprehensive 1-year warranty — and by the industry’s No. 1-ranked product support team.
GDL 52 is a noncertified receive-only product. It does not provide ADS-B “Out” capability to satisfy FAA mandate requirements.
¹Subscription required and sold separately. See SiriusXM.com/aviation for details. Not all SiriusXM weather products may be available across all devices. Check your Pilot’s Guide for specifics about which products are available on your device
²Not all ADS-B weather products may be available across all devices. Check your Pilot’s Guide for specifics about which products are available on your device
³View our growing list of compatible devices
4Audible traffic alerting, TargetTrend and TerminalTraffic require compatible displays. Check your Pilot’s Guide for specific capabilities available on your display
5The attitude information provided by GDL 52 is not intended to be a source of attitude information for flight in instrument meteorological conditions
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.9" x 1.3" x 3.4" (12.44 x 3.30 x 8.64 cm)
- Weight: 0.75 lbs (0.34 kg)
- Anti-slip mat (bottom of unit only)
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
- Operating altitude: To 55,000 ft
- Nominal operating velocity range: 0 – 800 kts (411 m/s)
- Power input: 10 to 32 VDC, 3.5 W max.
- Battery type: Lithium-ion rechargeable (built-in)
- Charge temperature: Unit may not charge at extreme temperatures below 0° C (32° F) or above 32° C (90° F)
- Typical battery operating time: 5 hours
- 18-pin power and data connector
- ADS-B MCX antenna port
- SiriusXM® MCX antenna port
- GPS MCX antenna port
- 3.5 mm audio jack (audio out only)
- Wireless Connext™ (Bluetooth®)